When I first started writing this blog back in 2017, the only artwork I could readily access were images from the Public Domain, though I did on one occasion hire James V. West for commissioned art. Unfortunately at the time, PD artwork was being used everywhere in the gaming community, becoming ubiquitous and common. I eventually tried my hand at photo manipulation to create unique derivations, but that was more effort than the results warranted.
These days I have access to image generation sites, and AI. Now while the end product can sometimes produce images with obvious errors, research indicates that posts with colorful, original artwork draw readers' attention... perfect or not. And I'm fine with that. I can actually draw, but not well, and not in a timely manner. Using Gemini allows me to create what I need, when I need it. And if the occasional mistake slips in, I can reject it, or embrace the chaos and have fun explaining why the characters is supposed to have an extra hand growing from his chest!
![]() |
If you are one of the many people that hate ai generated artwork, my blog is not a safe space for that kind of attitude. I've heard all the tired old arguments and the slurs of "ai slop", and I'm over it. It's a useful tool, and I have no problem using it. I will never apologize for exercising my freedom to create art and music, despite my personal limitations. You do you.



No comments:
Post a Comment