Thursday, July 23, 2026

Adventure Location: The City-State of Aurelia

 

The City-State of Aurelia, from Portcullis.  Artwork by Gerald Williams, using AI assisted generation.

I've been running role-playing games for decades, specifically "the world's most famous fantasy role-playing game system" [IYKYK]. And over the years, I've enjoyed running through the streets of Lankhmar, and slogging through the sewers of the City-State of the Invincible Overlord. They are truly great modules, full of ideas, but they are no longer supported by their publishers. However, they're terribly expensive. So I've decided to create my own offering for the gaming community that will be supported by myself and guest contributors, but most importantly will be available FREE OF CHARGE.

Over the following months, various articles and maps will be published here on Portcullis, as well as artwork, and stat blocks. The occasional fanfic story or two will also grace these pages. Though is it fanfic if I'm the original author posting my own material? *shrugs*

Eventually, once enough material is generated, and if there is even a call for it, everything will be collected and made available in pdf form. Of course it will have to be self hosted and published since many places such as DriveThruRPG and the like have rules about AI assisted artwork and writing. Personally I do not care for such policies as they discriminate against creators with disabilities and neurodivergent individuals. Yes, I said what I said. Artificial Intelligence gives those with creative difficulties a means of self-expression and getting their creations out to the public.

Check back here often, and join us on our Facebook page at: Portcullis, The Gateway to Adventure.

"Stay tuned, keep your blades sharp, and check back often as the city walls take shape. And don't forget to follow our new Facebook page [Link] to join the conversation!" ~ Redcap

No comments:

Post a Comment