Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Random Tables: Unusual Character Traits

Unusual Character Traits, are peculiarities that a character may possess, that make them standout from others. These quirks are more pronounced than ordinary physical or personality traits, often making the character unique.

Not everyone possesses a trait that stands out. Players may choose whether or not to roll once on the following table at the time of character creation. Even then, there is a 50% chance that no Unusual Character Trait is possessed, a 25% chance of having a negative trait, or a 25% chance of having a beneficial trait. If a player chooses to roll on the table, they ARE bound by the result for that character!


01 - 50     No Unusual Character Trait possessed.
    51        - Poor Eyesight
    52        + Keen Eyesight
    53        - Hard of Hearing
    54        + Excellent Hearing
    55        - Poor Sense of Taste and Smell
    56        + Heightened Sense of Taste and Smell
    57        - Poor Sense of Touch / Numbness
    58        + Keen Sense of Touch
    59        - Over Confidence / Big Mouth
    60        + Competent / Self Assured
    61        - Belligerence (Argue at the drop of a hat, even with friends)
    62        + Amiable (Gets along with anyone, even jerks)
    63        - Particularly Poor Hygene or Appearance
    64        + Well Groomed
    65        - Can Sleep On Demand
    66        + Insomnia
    67        - Pronounced Limp/Walks with Cane
    68        + Fleet of Foot
    69        - Sensitive Digestion
    70        + Cast Iron Stomach
    71        - Ugly (Independent of Charisma)
    72        + Physically Attractive (independent of Charisma)
    73        - Stammer (Trouble speaking during emergencies)
    74        + Command Presence
    75        - Unusually Short
    76        + Unusually Tall
    77        - Can't Handle Alcohol
    78        + High Tolerance for Alcohol
    79        - Alcoholic
    80        + Abstains From Alcohol / Substances
    81        - Bad With Animals
    82        + Good With Animals
    83        - Can Not Swim / Fear of Water
    84        + Swims Like A Fish
    85        - Throws Like A Wuss
    86        + Accurate Thrower
    87        - Always Hungry (Twice normal food intake)
    88        + Eats Like A Bird (Half normal food intake)
    89        - Kleptomania
    90        + Charitable
    91        - Fear of Heights (Poor climber)
    90        + Climbs Like A Monkey
    91        - Clod (Clumsy / Not Sneaky)
    92        + Graceful (Elegant / Sneaky)
    93        - Can't Spit
    94        + Can Spit Across A Room Accurately
    95        - Can't Whistle
    96        + Can Whistle VERY LOUD
    97        - Butter Fingers
    98        + Nimble Hands
    99         - Unusual Appearance or Physical Characteristic (perceived negatively)
   100       + Unusual Appearance or Physical Characteristic (perceived positively)

(-) Negative Trait, (+) Positive Trait

Some Unusual Character Traits may give a character a small bonus or penalty, when performing related actions. Others affect the way the character is perceived by others. And still others are just unusual abilities not common to most people.

Players are encouraged to work with their DM to help define their particular trait, making it distinctive to their character. Not all traits have a direct effect upon game mechanics, but are more for role-playing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment